Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LVTravel[_2_] LVTravel[_2_] is offline

Default two spaces or one

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I would have no idea which thumb I use for spacing; apparently it's the
right, but I would have assumed you use whichever is handiest at the time,
same as for shifting.

http://word.mvps.org

"bj" wrote in message
When I was first taught to *type* the teacher was most insistant about
2-spaces & even got cranky because I used my *left* thumb to press the
spacebar (I still do, more than 50 years later).

My early *hand*-writing school years were in several different
states/countries/languages; no telling what I was told.
bj

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Stephen;

One more voice to the choir after having watched this conversation...
Whenever it arises :-) I'm always tempted to ask one fundamental
question;

If you think back to when you first were taught to print sentences, did
your
teacher instruct you to put "2 spaces" between sentences or was the
instruction to leave "space" between sentences?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Actually in typewriter days it was always the right thumb, even for
southpaws that were trained as touch typists. And yes, my typing teacher,
Miss Becky Moore, would really get on your case if you used anything other
than your right thumb.