Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word Merge for an invoice

Another approach that is mentioned in the artcle I referred you to will
take you to macropod's tutorial at (I think)

http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107

I don't think that you will find a limitation on the number of fields in
the "One" side in that approach. However, there are other limitations
(in essence, they are limitations in Word) which may have a bearing on
what you want to do.

Maybe I can do it easier with Access?

If you are familiar with Access reporting, that may be your best bet, as
long as you can get at the data in your VFP tables. I can't point you to
any good examples myself, but another search for Access/Invoice might
find some useful articles.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 18/05/2010 20:26, Dorian C. Chalom wrote:
No I am sorry that will not work...I hve too many fields on the "One" side
to make it work th need it to...

I am really getting frustrated and beat up over getting this to work.

Is there a template or something that I can make this work with?
I am trying to do this in VFP. Maybe I can do it easier with Access?

"Peter wrote in message
There's an article at

http://www.gmayor.com/ManyToOne.htm

that contains info. on this and references to other approaches.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 18/05/2010 17:03, Dorian C. Chalom wrote:
How do I go about creatig a word merge for an invoice?

Data file:

Account Number Name Address Transaction date Transaction
Description Transaction Amount
111 Joe 123 Apple 5/16/2010
Purchase 100.00
111 Joe 123 Apple 5/18/2010
Purchase 100.00
222 Sue 456 Orange 5/16/2010
Purchase 100.00

Please help! Deadline has passed for this assignment.

Thank you.