Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Default what does print spooler service not running mean?can't print..

There are several forums around that talk about your error.

http://www.smartcontent.info/frogpad...-SubSystem.htm
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...and_was_closed
Scroll down on this one, poster claims a solution
http://microsoft-personal-operating-...1/Default.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Rlummis" wrote in message
news

Control panel, Administrative Tools, Services, Print Spooler, is it started?

Yes, it is. It is set to Automatic. But when you try to print, you go
through the standard printer dialog boxes and then it crashes. The message is
"Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed."

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate fully updated through SP1 and trying to
print to an OKI C5200n printer on a network. I have tried a couple of
different versions of the OKI driver. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Richard Lummis