Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default how do I get Word to auto complete the complete date?

It does not require using the mouse.

Neither does the method I suggested, though I agree yours is easier.

"djprius" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Alt+Shift+D inserts the current date, but as a DATE field. If you
immediately Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink it, you would get date text in the
format selected as the default in the Date and Time dialog.

Suzanne,

Thanks. As I posted later, I found an alternate way to use shortcut
keys to enter the current date without using the mouse: I assigned
"insert date/time" command to a new shortcut key. This calls up the
date/time dialog box. The I press [Enter] to add the default date -- in
my case, the full month spelled out, date, and year -- into the text.
It does not require using the mouse.

David