Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John B. Willett John B. Willett is offline

Default Align a column of equations at the equal sign

Jay Freedman wrote:
After each equation in the group (except the last), press Shift+Enter
instead of Enter to start the next equation. When the group is complete,
select the whole group, right-click, and choose "Align at =".

I tried this and was able to create the multiple equations, but after I
selected all of them and right-clicked, i was not offered the option "align
at =." When I tried you second option of going into each equation and
nominating the "=" sign as the alignment character, the equations did not
line up. do you have any ideas?