Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Dan Dan is offline

Default Moving subdocuments to a different folder

NOT helpful, and does not appear to be correct.

First, you did not answer the question. It seems that the ANSWER should
have been "No, Not without third party software. see link for more info..."

Second, I had already located the reference prior to locating this site.
Bad luck there. oh well.

Third, the reference does not seem to be correct/accurate.

The reference you provided indicates that:
"For instance, let's say that you have a master and five subdocuments. If
these are all in the same directory, you can easily move them to another
single directory anywhere you desire. All you need to do is move them."

I have a master document with 14 subdocuments (and growing) The master and
all sub documents were created in a single directory, "P:\Documents\Master".
The entire contents of that directory were then copied to "C:\MasterTest".
The original drive, 'P:' was then disconnected (encrypted network drive).
The master document opened, but all the links to the sub documents were
broken, yet all documents were confirmed present.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See:

http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/Pages/...documents.html

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"vbevan" wrote in message

Hi all,

Is there and easy was to move a master document and it's subdocuments
to a different folder but have them maintain their relationships?

Fairly easy question, but I can't seem to find an answer (I did google
a bit, but I can't believe you need 3rd party software to accomplish
this, surely there's an easier way?).

--
vbevan