Graham Mayor

Select the field inserted into the document, right click and toggle - you
should see something like
{mergefield fieldname} add the formatting switch after the fieldname e.g
{Mergefield fieldname \# ",$#.00" }
Click F9 to update then if necessary toggle the display back again.
See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm for other examples
you may find http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm
useful also.

Problem with formatting merged fields wrote:
I am using MS Word 2003. I am using mail merge.

I am trying to format a field with 2 decimal places and a "$" sign.

The MS instructions say to "On the Data tab or the General tab in the
Control Properties dialog box, click Format".

I am unable to find the Data tab, the General tab or the Control
Properties dialog and there are no instructions on how to.