Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default When I type 2006 at the end of a line it puts in 2006-02-28. How.

You can turn off Autocomplete (Tools Autocorrect Autotext tab) - but it
affects other things as well

As an aside to this, I just noticed that If I start Word with a blank
document and type 2006 and press Enter I do *not* get the Autotext. At all
other times - next line of same new document, after undoing everything in
same new document, another new document in Word sesion, start Word with
existing document, etc., I do get the autotext.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Cumbrianwizard" wrote in message
Every time I type 2006 at the end of a line in word, it automatically

amends
it to 2006-02-28 (or the current date) This isn't a format I would want

use, but does anyone know how to turn it off?