Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Heather Heather is offline

Default Adding an includetext command to paragraph

I'm working on a massive mail merge project with a lot of nested if
statements.

I have codes like this:

{if {mergefield atype1}="HS" {if {mergefield eval1}="1010" {if
{mergefield evalvalue1}="90" {includetext c:\\scholar2.doc}""}""}""}

and...
{if {mergefield atype1}="HS" {includetext c:\\frosh1.doc}""}

I'm merging the fields into a template. When I put them in a paragraph,
it seems to break the line at the insertion point so that it looks like
this:

blah blah blah lots of templated text and so on and so forth blah blah
mergfield stuff inserted

Is there something I can do to prevent that? Same thing happens if I
put those two back to back - I still get, essentially, two lines that
are broken.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Heather