Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default SECTIONPAGES not right when printed

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm .

EPA wrote:
Using Word 2003 on Windows XP. My document comprises several sections, and
the page numbers should say "Page s-x of y", where s is the section number, x
is the page number within the section, and y is the number of pages in the
section. On the screen, it does exactly that, but when printed, every page
seems to have "Page s-x of x". The last field is { SECTIONPAGES \* Arabic
\* MERGEFORMAT }. I have tried manually updating this field, but it doesn't
seem to make any difference. What's going on, and how do I fix it?