Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Defender Defender is offline

Default why was Microsoft Office Document Imaging removed from printer

Same here,
I can run Microsoft Office Document Imaging, but if I click on the File
menu, I get the error:
Microsoft Office Document Imaging has encountered a problem and needs to
close.
The Microsoft Office Document Imaging Writer print Driver is not in the
control panel print folder.

I have tried to reinstall several times, even tired uninstalling it as
suggested in this thread.
I have not completely uninstalled Office 2003.

"Hallee" wrote:

I am having the same problem, "Microsoft Office Document Imaging is missing
from my Print folder" after reinstalling Office Pro 2003 and after
reinstalling my whole operating system Windows XP Pro. I have it listed as
an option under my programs listings but is not an available option under my
print folder. When I tried what you stated below there was no option to
"Choose advanced customization of applications". I have removed it and added
it to "Run from all computers" but it still does not show up in my print
folder. I tried to run the script from the a previous post and it came back
as a "unknown driver". I dont understand why it should be so difficult.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Office
[Edition] 2003 | Change | Add or Remove Features, check the box for "Choose
advanced customization of applications." Select Microsoft Office Tools and
click the + beside Microsoft Office Document Imaging. Make sure that
Microsoft Office Document Image Writer is set to "Run from my computer."
Then click Update.

"GrannyDonna" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply, but!!! I do not quite understand, is there anyway

you
could walk me through it step by step? like go to start-click, click

control
panel, click on ----, this would be helpful since that is as far as I

got,
(Peeked in side add & remove programs but that was as far as I got)

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Re-run Office setup from Windows control panel add & remove programs

and
add it. It's in the Office Tools section.

GrannyDonna wrote:
installed word 2003, Microsoft Office Document Imaging Writer was
removed from printer folder. I would like to put it back. This was
was a good way to print files from the internet in lieu of printing a
hard copy.