Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Word sounds like it is continually running.

Hi ?B?TWlNaQ==?=,

I have Word 2003 and have a Word .dot that just sit and continually runs and
no matter what I do it takes for ever to show what I have done.

The strange things is the small icon at the bottom of the screen in the
format bar it is always moving like it is writing.

Does this sound like the document is corrupted? Or does anyone else have
the same problem and can it be fixed and how?

Well, the small icon that's writing is an indication that the automatic spell
check is working. How many pages does this file contain? If it's not very long,
then I'd be inclined to say it may be damaged. If you copy/paste everything
except the last paragraph mark into a new document are things quieter?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)