Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Wildcard search help. please?

Even though you used the "^" codes for the parentheses, they still have to
be escaped with a backslash so they won't be interpreted as special
characters. So you might as well just use escaped parentheses instead of the
codes:

^t^t\([0-9]{1,2}\)^t

Graham mentions this in the third-to-last paragraph on
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Ed wrote:
*sigh* One of these days I'll get it! .. maybe ..

I have a list with items indented with two tabs, sequential numbers in
parentheses, and a tab (manually inserted, not autogenerated). With
"Use Wildcards" checked, I'm trying to Find
^t^t^40[0-9]{1,2}^41^t
and it says "Search item not found".

What do I have wrong?

Ed