Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Use and purpose of citations in Word 2007

Do Not have text *selected* whenever you insert [just about] anything else
unless you want the "anything else" to replace what you have selected. (One
exception that comes immediately to mind is Bookmarks.)

Place the Insertion Point at the end of the cited passage or the spot where
the Citation is to go, then insert the Citation.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/10/09 8:33 AM, in article , "gopher87"
wrote:

Hi All

I did the following:

I typed into my Word document some text copied from a book (the citation)

I highlighted that text and then selected INSERT A CITATION

Word popped up a mask to enter the data about the book

After I clicked OK my text disappeared with a sort of placehoder like
(Author,2009).

Great but how can I make the *actual* text of my citation appear in the
document after I have marked it as a citation?

Perhaps I am using the "INSERT A CITATION" functionality in the wrong way?

Thanks