Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Use and purpose of citations in Word 2007

I have not had any experience with this new feature, but I think the idea is
to create a bibliography from which you can select in order to insert
"citations" (that is, the author-date reference) for additional quotations
without having to retype. Others who have actually used this feature can
perhaps help you more.

http://word.mvps.org

"gopher87" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I think the issue here is a misunderstanding of the term "citation." I
believe gopher87 understands "citation" to mean the quoted text rather
than the bibliographic data. As Bob says, the quoted text should not be
selected when the citation is created.

Hi

yes, I intended it as :

Citation: a portion of text that is quoted verbatim from a publication.

Bibliographic data for the above (i.e. the citation): Bibliographic data
for the citation, in the above provided definition of citation.

So am I correct if I say that Word 2007 does not provide a mechanism to
associate a portion of text to some bibliographic data so that one could
create a collection (set) of objects of the kind
TEXT---BIBLIOGRAPHIC_DATA_FOR_THE_TEXT that can then be re-used in other
documents?

Thanks!