MomN

Default The task bar in Word has disappeared. How do I restore it?

Several people use this computer (family members). I'm not sure when or how
it happened but the task bar with all the command menus disappeared from the
page. I now see a blank screen with grid line around the edge. I can access
all the commands by typing them by code. I find this cumbersome. Is there a
way to restore the task bar. I have already uninstalled Word and re-installed
it several times. Does not change situation. I am using Office 2000
Professional.