Margaret Aldis

Usual reason for this is that you've inserted a manual page break at the
start of "Table 5" and this is getting incorporated into the cross reference
bookmark.

To fix, firstly, don't use manual page breaks - use the paragraph "Page
Break Before" setting (you could add this to the caption style if all your
tables start on new pages).

Secondly, train yourself never to insert at the beginning of a paragraph -
put the cursor at the end of the previous paragraph and press Enter, then
type or paste, then remove any extra paragraph end if necessary. This
problem with bookmarks and cross references also applies to headings, and
believe me it is quite feasible to get half a book to reappear in a cross
reference if you get this wrong when reorganising chapters ;-)

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"JBrooks" wrote in message
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help. I have constructed documents that use
"Caption" to insert a table name and then "Cross-reference" to insert the
reference to the table in the text. Everything seems fine until I go to
print. When I print (including paper or converting to a .pdf), a page
break
is created automatically at the beginning of the Table cross-reference.
For
example, I would typically have a sentence that says.

"These results are shown in Table 5."
(Table 5 would be a text field that is a cross-reference to the table).

When I print (without changing anything in the document) the text is
converted to:
"These results are shown in [page break]
Table 5."

I have had this problem with every document that I have created
cross-references in and do not know how to fix this bug. Does anyone have
any suggestions? I do need to keep the cross-references in. It will
print
fine if I convert the field text to regular text.

Thanks