Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.excel
Beth Melton

Default Word's Mail Merge of an Excel List

There are probably a couple of paragraph marks at the end of each
label which throws off the vertical alignment. To correct it, turn on
your non-printing characters (¶ in the Standard toolbar) and remove
the last two paragraph marks on the first label. Then use the
"Propagate Labels" command to change the rest.

If you've already completed the merge then:

- Press F5 to open Find/Replace
- Select the Replace tab
- In Find What type: ^p^p
- Leave Replace With blank
- Click Replace All

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Jack Gillis" wrote in message
I am trying to follow the Excel help file in using Word 2003 to
produce labels from a list of names in Excel 2003. I want to just
put the First Name field on the labels. The instructions are very
clear and I can produce the labels just as I want them on the Avery
labels except for one minor problem. I want the First Name centered
both horizontally and vertically on the label. I can center it
horizontally but can find no way to do it vertically. The name in a
large font size, say 48 or 72, is noticeably nearer the top of the
label than the center.

Is there a way to make it appear in the center top to bottom?

Thank you.