Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aloys Aloys is offline

Default Word 2007: Text box vertical alignment

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. I found a solution!
You have to turn on Compatibility Mode.

Click the Office Button
Click the Options Button
Click Advanced Options in the left frame
Scroll down the right frame until the end of the page
Set Compatibility mode for: the current document or all new documents
Choose MS Word 2007 in the combo box (to enable all new features in Word 2007)

Im French so the caption of buttons may not be exactly the same, sorry for
my poor translation.

"Josh" wrote:

I'm in Word 2007 and have created a couple of text boxes for a specific
layout that I'm working with. I'd like to have the text IN those boxes
aligned to the BOTTOM of the box instead of the default top. But the
Vertical Alignment options under the Text Box tab of the Format AutoShape
menu are all greyed out.

Does anyone know how I can bottom-align this text??

Thanks.