Ruth Levinson

Thanks so much to those of you who replied! That's just what I needed.

Ruth

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Or you could use a minus sign (character 2212) instead. I also use this as a
substitute for an en dash when the dash wants to break at the end of a line.
And I ordinarily use an en dash instead of a hyphen for a minus sign because
it is the same width as the plus sign and the numerals.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
Type a nonbreaking dash (Ctrl+Shift+hyphen) instead of a regular dash
before the number.

Ruth Levinson wrote:

When I type a line with a negative number like -4.00 at the end, Word

will
break off the minus sign and leave it at the end of the line, and put

the
4.00 on the next line. I can't figure how to keep Word from

automatically
splitting the minus sign from the number. If I catch it, I have to go

in and
add spaces in the line to put the minus sign back with the number at the
beginning of the next line.

Any suggestions?

TIA