Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Problem Printing Specific Pages After Merge

Typically, each record in the dta source results in a new /section/ in the
output document, i.e. for a single page mail merge main document you will
have p1s1, p1s2, p1s3, and so on. In that case you may be able to print the
material you need using e.g. p1s1-p1s4,p1s8

Peter Jamieson

"Jim Mac Millan" wrote in message
I merged 10 records to a new document. After I printed the pages I noticed
a typo in some of the merged data. In the new document I fixed the mistakes
and attempted to print out only the effected pages.

In the Page range section of Print Dialog box I put in "2-4, 8" expecting
pages 2,3,4, and 8 to print out. Instead all ten pages are printed. I even
tried "2-4" and just single pages and the same thing happens every time.
Is seems to be directly connected to the newly merged document as none
merged documents behave as expected when printed.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm not even sure what to look for in the KB
to find a fix.

TIA

Jim Mac Millan