Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve Koenig

Default Mail Merge Fields

Merging between Excel and Word and all of the merge fields are picked up
correctly in the resulting Word document except for the Street Number field
when this field has a PO Box, eg PO Box 321. The result displayed is 0.
I just finished reviewing "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow
MVP Graham Mayor's website at

This web site was helpful as I learned to toggle between field display and
the result with ALT + F9. The field display shows the field name Street
Number cottectly. I am unclear that if there were any switches associated
with this Field Code would they in fact be displayed when displaying the
Field Name?

Not to bore anyone with everything I tried, but I have tried everything I
could think to do and still can't get the result to display a PO Box followed
by the number.
I tried formatting the column in Excel to text, no luck, then formatting the
column in Excel to general, still no luck. I even tried to just enter PO Box
as the "street number" and the actual number as the "Street Name", but again
the result for the Field "Street Number" results as 0.
I tried to delete all PO Box entries in Excel and format the column then
re-enter the data, still no luck.
Its just this one Field that isn't working. All of the other fields yield
the intentioned information.
I can't imagine what is going on here.
Can anyone help me with this?
Steve Koenig