Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Replace Section Breaks with Page Breaks Automatically?

Why do you need to remove the section breaks in a mail merge? It is not
necessary in order to print individual parts of the document and if you want
the document split into separate documents for each record then there are
better ways - see http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

madchad wrote:
Removing Section Breaks is a problem with Find/Replace in Office 2007.

I can't do this either. I know how to use find/replace with ^b.

Is it possible that this is a problem when using a document with
section breaks created automatically by Office after a mail merge?

I am trying to do this. When I run find/Replace on ^b, it finds all
the characters, but when trying to do replace, word responds with
made 0 replacements.

Please help...

Suzanne, can you please try this? Simply create a mail merge and
then try to automatically remove the section breaks. I've spent
about 30 minutes trying different methods and the only thing that
works is manual deletion. I had to do this on a 72 page document.

Thanks in advance for the help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Herb and garfield-n-odie have told you how to replace them, but I
would suggest that you merely delete the section breaks and not
insert page breaks. It's best to control text flow with paragraph
formatting rather than manual breaks.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Tyler T" wrote in message
Can somebody tell me how to search and replace Section Breaks with
Page Breaks automatically? I have a 55-page document that came
from a merged file and has section breaks every other page and I
wish to have them be one section for numbering, etc.

Thanks,
Tyler