Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
pj pj is offline

Default Word 2003 Style List

Hi,

Try the paint brush button on the standard toolbar at the top. This magic
button allows you to quickly duplicate formatting.

To use it - highlight what you want to repeat (like a line with Heading 1),
press the paintbrush, then highlight the text you want to appear the same.

I find this easier than using the Styles. I used to be a fan of Styles but
there has been an unwelcome Word upgrade that has made the Styles too
complicated to use.

Phil

"koala824 at Comcast" wrote:

I would like a fast way to apply the Heading 1 style, rather than having to
scroll down to that selection from the Style dropdown list. Can I change the
order that styles are listed so my choice is at the top? Is there any other
way to apply a style with minimal keystrokes? Thanks