TedW

Just telling me I misunderstood and then giving the same directions was not
particularly useful.

On further exploration what I found was that Merge doe not function properly
when run from Word. When running it from Outlook you can not use the merge
Tools of Word as that simply changes it back to a Word initiated merge. You
must use the merge Toolbar tools.

Now if you had told me that, it would have been helpful. I hope this will
someone else who runs in to the same problem.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You must have misunderstood Doug's suggestion as the suffix field certainly
is available when merging from Outlook (all the fields are available). Nor
should any 'mapping' of fields be required. Insert the fields you want
directly into the merge document. See
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

TedW wrote:
Tried that but I get the same result. The suffix field is not
matched. When I try to match it, there is no suffix field offered to
match it to.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Initiate the merge from Outlook and do not use the Address Block.
Just insert the fields that you want to use in the configuration
that you want.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on
a paid consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"TedW" wrote in message
I am trying to use the Suffix field from Outlook in a mail merge
letter but it shows up as "not matched". When I try to match it
with the correct field,
there is no field "suffix" available for mapping. Any suggestions?