See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"Cowtoon" wrote in message
I'm creating a fairly simple form.
I want to put a couple of checkboxes into a few of the table cells,

however,
it would seem that I have to lock the table to activate the check boxes.
However, you probably know that locking the cell, locks the entire table,

and
nothing can be typed in any of the other cells. This isn't what I want.

Is there a way work work around this or do I have to put in a text field

in
all the other cells, where text will be added at another time.

This form will be reused over and over again, so I'd really like to set

this
up so that it's easy to enter information.
Thanks.