Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Default Creating a template with user input - I'm stuck!

I'm in charge of all documentation in a large project for a large company.
My job is to create a template that users can input data into and create a
new document. I then edit these documents and file them in our library.

It sounds easy enough. I've created a nice template complete with logos and
things, but I can't seem to figure out how to ask a user for input and to
make that input then be part of the document.

for example, I ask for the document title. Once the user enters that, it
goes on the title page (in a certain font and style). It also goes into the
page headers (in a different font and style). How in the world do I do this?
I've tried forms (couldn't figure them out) and even add-on software (that I
couldn't get to work).

I'm really stuck, and I need to have this finished ASAP. Any help is
greatly appreciated!

Scott