Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob S[_2_] Bob S[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2003 Pagination

Thank you Suzanne. That helped a lot. With that instruction I was able to
add a page number to the footer and to put it nice an low on the page.
However, there still exists another page number about an inch higher. If I
double click this other page number and then click it once more, it appears
to be in a text box (about 6 inches across) in the lower part of each page.
If I click the gray box around the page number the black boxes used to size
it appear. If I then press delete, the box and the number disappear. Is
there a way to get all of these boxes to disappear at once, so that only the
page numbers that I put low in the footer (like you instructed me) remain?
Thanks again.
Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Reduce the footer margin to something less than the bottom margin.

"Bob S" wrote in message
I am sorry. I gave the wrong impression. I meant that on a number of
pages, there area several sentances which I need to keep found below the
page numbers.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Delete the empty paragraphs below the page numbers.

"Bob S" wrote in message
I have a Word document given to me which has the page numbers too high
on the page. In fact in some cases there are actually some lines below
the page numbers. The page numbers are in the middle at the bottom of
the page. Can someone tell me how to move the page numbers down as low
as possible on the page? Thank you in advance.
Bob