DBodell

Graham and Rob, I have been having problems getting this very function to
work in Word/2000 after having it work beautifully for years in Word/97. If
there is anything you can tell me about why doing the ctrl+A and then F9
doesn't load the picture anymore, I would be extremely appreciative, since we
need to upgrade to Office/2000 at least!

Diana Bodell

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Merge to a new document, select all (CTRL+A) then F9 to update.

robw wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to create a mail merge that will include a different
picture for each addressee.
The data source is an Excel xls that includes a column called
XmasPic. This entries in this column are integers between 1 and 10.
I have a number of wmf files in my c:\ folder called 1.wmf, 2.wmf
......10.wmf

In the mail merge document I have setup includes the following
statement (when field codes are displayed) :-

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "c:\\{ MERGEFIELD "XmasPic" }.wmf" \* MERGEFORMAT }

which I had hoped would pick up the appropriate picture for each
addressee. The remainder of the document (ie. the text bits) merge
correctly but the statement above doesn't seem to work....I get no
picture at all.

Anybody have any ideas how to get this to work?

Thanks
Rob