Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default How do I find a lost Word file?

You should never open Word attachments directly from e-mail - however it
*may* be possible to recover your changes. See
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm

aleeMN wrote:
I have been working in a Word document that came to me as an
attachment to my Yahoo! e-mail account. I forgot to do "Save As" to
My Documents, so I cannot find it anywhere. I had just been opening
Word and clicking on the file name in the upper right-hand corner
each time, but the last time I tried I got a dialogue box that said
the path was invalid and that the shortcut no longer works. I would
really like to find this document, so please help! I have tried
everything I already know of.