Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default hyperlinks in WORD 2007 not opening

Hi Tami,

If you use Alt+F9 to toggle to field display, what does it show in the
{HYPERLINK ...} field content?

What type of items are you linking to? If you email the document to yourself and save it to a different folder than your original
document can you open use the hyperlinks?

You can run into issues if the links are being updated when the file is saved or opened, or if you're using links to mapped drives
and another person isn't using the same mapping.

"Tami" wrote in message ...
I have a problem with a document that has a few hyperlinks. The document and
the others pointed to are on a shared network. The work on my desk but when I
send to another user they cannot open the hyperlinks. They get an error :
cannot open file. I have set the base hyperlink in properties/summary ect....
Anyone else have this issue? And please any advice would be helpful.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP