Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jalz Jalz is offline

Default Word mail merge template

Hi Guys,

I've got a vbscript which opens up a template merges csv data which I export
out of another database. I'm trying to make the mail merging as simple as
possible for my end users. As each export file is different depending on the
queries of the database search, is it possible to create a word template
where the user can open up write the letter and select just the merge fields
of my database which I'd like to embed in it somehow. Please bear in mind I'm
trying to avoid attaching the template to a merge file with fields as when
you open it up, it comes up with the *SELECT * dialog box, something I am
trying to avoid as this will confuse my users.

Any help would be fantastic.