Peter Jamieson

In addition to Doug's comments, if the data source where you really want to
keep this data is an Access table, and you have Access, or an Excel
spreadsheet, and you have Excel, you can copy the table and paste it into
the table in Access (open it in Spreadsheet view and select the row at the
bottom) or the Excel sheet. But
a. make sure you make a backup copy of the existing .mdb/.xls file before
attempting that
b. the columns in the Word document must be the same, and in the same
sequence, as the ones in the table/sheet
c. if the database is an "Office Address List", do not make any other
changes to the database or Word will stop recognising it as an Address List
and you will not be able to edit the data easily in Word.

Peter Jamieson
"Tasha" wrote in message
Somehow I have saved the database I thought I was creating as a word doc.
Initially I was trying to add to my existing datasource, but I don't know
what happened from there. My main stress is that I really don't want to
have
to re-type all of these hundreds of clients' names and addresses again!!
Is
there anyone knows if you can transfer info to existing database/address
list? Or even just converting the existing info into a new one would be
just
fine with me! I would much rather have to do a mail merge twice than
re-type
all of this stuff again. PLEASE HELP!

THANK YOU!!!
Tasha