pablo2340

Default How can I create TWO separate indexes in a Word2000 document?

I need to create two separate indexes for a long Word 2000 document: one an
index of Proper Names; the other a general analytical index. I know I could
do it by inserting an \f switch followed by, say, "n" (for names) or "a" (for
analysis). However, it does not seem possible to mark the index entries
automatically (using a concordance file) to include such a switch, nor by
selecting the name, word or phrase, using Alt-Shift-X and then "Mark All" -
there is no option offered for switches... I can mark all the index entries
(either automatically or using the second method) and then go back and insert
a \f switch in each one, but, as there are about 2000 occurrences of the XE
field, this is VERY time-consuming, and I have found no way to automate it
using a macro. Any ideas?