Okay, I think we have a fundamental misunderstanding here. It sounds as if
you are creating a three-panel brochure. That is, you have a landscape page
that will be folded twice, the folds parallel to the short sides. If you set
the number of columns to three (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm for more), then you
will have accomplished this. Each panel will have a portrait orientation (as
in a book); that is normal for a brochure.

But it seems you're really attempting to do something different. Perhaps you
are trying to rotate the text in one column (for a mailing panel, for
example)? To do this you will need to insert a text box, frame, or table
cell and change the text direction in it.

If what you're trying to create is a flyer rather than a brochure, then you
should be using portrait orientation to begin with. When you spoke of
"horizontal columns" (a contradiction in terms: if they're horizontal,
they're rows), I thought perhaps you were trying to repeat the same material
several times on a page, to be cut apart (compliment slips, for example). In
that case, a table is one way of accomplishing your goal.

"NJ Premier Group" wrote in
message ...
I am attempting to create a 3-fold brochure (in a landscape format) in MS
Word but the columns are not formatting horizontally only vertically as in

book rather than a brochure. I would really appreciate anyone's

assistance.