Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How do I recover an usaved word document

An .asd file is an AutoRecovery Backup. These exist (though usually not in
the Recycle Bin) as long as Word is open (assuming that the backup option is
enabled). The sole purpose of these backup files is to restore the document
if anything untoward happens and Word is not shut down properly. Perhaps
your wife had such a problem and was flustered when Word restarted and
presented her with the backup?

"dennis" wrote in message
Perhaps she did not tell me what she did, but I am assuming she did not

click
save when the prompt box came up.The file was found, after going through
Windows Explorer, there was as unusual document in the Recyle bin, with an
ASD file code to it. It turned out to be the message.Perhaps because the
computer was not shut down it was there, but there were other files

populated
there as well. So the reality of it is , the file can actually be found,

and
you don't necessarily need to be a techie to find it....I was lucky this

time

"dennis" wrote:

My wife did not save a word document. I would like to know if it is
recoverable from my hard drive.