Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bird lover bird lover is offline

Default How to avoid retyping on repetitive wordfields on merge toolbar

I use Word 2000 in house and Word 2003 in office. On the document using the
mergefield toolbar, I insert word fields by clicking "insert wordfield", then
"fill in", then at prompt I type in "location", then press ok. Location
changes for every client.

The document contains five places where I must insert the information for
"location." My practice has been to create a wordfield five times at the
various places in the document repeating the same question. I think this is
wasteful, but the only way I know how to do it.

Q. Is there a different technique to avoid retyping the information for the
prompts. Note: I have no clue as to Word programming language.