Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word 2007 mailmerge use Excel template as datasource

Leave it as a normal worksheet and change the DOS attribute of the file to
Read Only

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"PeterHS" wrote in message
L.s,

For mailmerge in Word 2007 i want to use data from Excel template (list
with
clients wich wil be modified daily). It works fine when the data is in a
normal Excel file.

For some reasons I want the Excel file to be a template (manny people must
easy open and look in the Excel file, one person modyfies the list).

When I want to choose the datasource, templates are not in the list, when
choose "all files" and choose the template, a error will come up "unable
open file".

Does anyone know a way to use a Excel template as datasource.

Manny thanks

Peter