Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JimAA JimAA is offline

Default Problem reestablishing a DDE connection with an Access parameter q

I upgraded to Office 2007 and am getting an error message ("unable to
reestablish a DDE connection with MS Access to complete the current task")
with mail merge documents that use parameter queries. I have two unrelated
tables (approx. 4,000 records in each) that make up the query where the user
enters a job number to filter. I've searched this and other discussion groups
and tried the suggestions to no avail (make sure DB is not exclusive or
read-only; "confirm file format conversion on open" is selected, etc.). The
other data source options (OLE DB and ODBC) don't let you choose parameter
queries.
Any ideas?