Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

Default any feature that can automatically update my content page with page numbers

ovalet wrote in

hi,

i have created a long word doc with index of pages in the content
table. can i know if there is any feature that can automatically
update my content page with page numbers when a section(a few pages)
is removed?

thank in advance!

Do you mean something more sophisticated than highlighting the table of
contents, right clicking and selecting "Update Field" or using the "Update
TOC" on the Outlining toolbar?

If you're wanting an auto-update - without intervention from you - as pages
are removed, I think you're in the realms of macros that may be more trouble
than they're worth for that function.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,