Doug Robbins

Did you use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { }?

Have you tried doing a Ctrl+a (select all) and then F9 (update fields) on
the document created by executing the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Michael Weber" wrote in message
Here is the situation:

I have an Excel worksheet as the data source and have a Word merge
document
to display the information. We have just added some renders of the items
and
I would like to add the graphics to the word merge document. I have tried
use the {includepicture "{image}"} command to display the images at the
paths
specified in the Excel worksheet but have had no luck in doing so.

The command I am using is: {includepicture "image"}.

The image field in the Excel sheet has a full path to the filename
(c:\\dir\\file.jpg). Whenever I add this command and attempt a merge it
simply deletes the command in my merge template. I have followed the
instructions in both of the primers that are commonly cited and have
finally
hit my frustration level. At this point I'm losing time trying to get this
working and would have been better off actually typing the documents by
hand
and pasting in the photos. Of course that isn't a scalable solution like
that
one I envision and I would like to get this working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
--
Michael Weber