macropod

touché!

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Mailmerge? You mean Mergefield

macropod wrote:
Hi Michael,

The correct syntax would be:
{INCLUDEPICTURE "{MAILMERGE ImageName}"}
where the field braces (i.e. '{ }') are created in pairs via Ctrl-F9
and ImageName represents the full image path (including the drive),
plus the filename and extension.

If Excel only holds the filename and extension, you'd express the
field as: {INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\My Documents\\Images\\{MAILMERGE
ImageName}"}
or
{INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\My Documents\\Images\\{MAILMERGE ImageName}.jpg"}
if Excel only holds the filename. Use your own drive and path, of
course, with *double* backslashes as separators (though you can use
single forward slashes instead) and, in the last example, specifying
the file type.

Cheers

"Michael Weber" wrote in
message ...
Here is the situation:

I have an Excel worksheet as the data source and have a Word merge
document to display the information. We have just added some renders
of the items and I would like to add the graphics to the word merge
document. I have tried to use the {includepicture "{image}"} command
to display the images at the paths specified in the Excel worksheet
but have had no luck in doing so.

The command I am using is: {includepicture "image"}.

The image field in the Excel sheet has a full path to the
filename (c:\\dir\\file.jpg). Whenever I add this command and
attempt a merge it simply deletes the command in my merge template.
I have followed the instructions in both of the primers that are
commonly cited and have finally hit my frustration level. At this
point I'm losing time trying to get this working and would have been
better off actually typing the documents by hand and pasting in the
photos. Of course that isn't a scalable solution like that one I
envision and I would like to get this working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
--
Michael Weber