Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default percentage

Did you use Table | Formula or Ctrl+F9 to create the field? Did you then
toggle and update the field (Alt+F9, F9)?

http://word.mvps.org

"Briggs" wrote in message
Thank you. I entered that forumla, but all I get is the actual text of
the
formula. It doesn't calculate anything. I'll try again!
--
Briggs

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Briggs,

You could code the formula field as:
{=(1-(B1/A1))*100 \# 0.00%}
where the Regular Price is in A1 and the Sale Price is in B1.

Note: The field brace pair (ie '{ }') for the above example is created
via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste them
from this message.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Briggs" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a table that will calculate what percentage
something
increased. For example, the regular price is in cell A and the sale
price is
in cell B. How can I find the percent discount using the formula
function in
tables?
--
Briggs