See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for
instructions on location Normal.dot.

"hinsha" wrote in message
How do i find the normal.dot template in order to rename it, the only

thing i
can find is blank document under file new then on the bottom right, i see
document or template. But nothing on normal.dot.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Try renaming the normal.dot template to normal.old and then restart

Word.
None of the things that you have done will have any effect on that

template
so it may be the problem.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a

paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"hinsha" wrote in message
Hi, I wonder if any of you geniuses can help me out. I have Office

2000,
and
all of a sudden when im in word i get the following error.

"There was a problem starting the Office Assistant. Would you like to

try
reinstalling it".

I have tried reinstalling, and uninstalling office alltogether and

then
reinstalling office. However this error still comes up every time i

open
word
and its so annoying.

Can anyone help me out.