Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson[_3_] Tom Ferguson[_3_] is offline

Default cant get spelling and grammer to work

have never tried any of the trial versions that are available on-line.
however, I would be surprised if such an important feature were disabled.
After all, the idea of such a version offering is to show off the
applications best features.

No doubt there are some here who know for sure and will offer comment.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"E. Barry Bruyea" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 10:21:42 -0400, "Tom Ferguson"
wrote:

Click the Office button (top left of Word's window), Word options
Proofing. Assure the appropriate boxes are checked.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

I'm using MS Office 2002, but a while back I downloaded the trial of
the later version & spelling & grammar did not work. Is this
deliberate on the part of MS?

"jojo" wrote in message
Downloaded Microsoft Office 2007 for a trial period, all seemed to
install
successfully but spell and grmmer do not work