Jezebel

The code might look something like this --

Dim pTable as Word.Table
Dim pCell as Word.Cell

For each pTable in ActiveDocument.Tables

If pTable.Range.Information(wdActiveEndPageNumber) 1 then

Set pCell = pTable.Cell(1,1)

Do
If pCell.RowIndex = 1 then
pCell.Range.Style = "TableHead"
Else
pCell.Range.Style = "TableText"
End if

Set pCell = pCell.Next

Loop until pCell is nothing
End if

Next

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

While I have a pretty good grasp on recording macros, when it comes to
doing something like actual programming, I am in over my head!

I have found various code snippets in the groups and have tried to make
modifications, but haven't been particularly successful in my quest.
Here's what I'm trying to do:

I want to modify every table (and only tables) in a document so that
the first row is set to a particular style (TableHead), and all
remaining rows are set to another particular style (TableText).

Okay, that's not completely accurate. I do want to exclude the table on
the first page as well as the tables in the headers from this style
replacement.

The number of tables in the documents I need to modify can range from
no tables (other than the one on the first page and in the headers) or
up to 60 tables. The number of rows and columns will vary from table to
table and document to document. The same holds true for the styles
currently being used in the tables.

Currently working with Word 2000 for Windows running on Windows 2000.
Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated!

Dan