Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dns2005

Default Insert Field - Database - Wrong Date Format

Please help!!

I've had an ongoing problem with inserting a database query into a word
document via the Insert Field option, in that the date format changes from UK
to US during the transfer from MS Access to Word. I'm using Office 2003 and
all SPs are up to date. I've checked the language settings and this is set to
UK default (both within Control Panel and also MS Office Language settings.
I had this problem previously when using Office XP and had hoped that
upgrading would resolve it, unfortunately this was not the case. The steps I
follow a

Within MS Word - Insert Menu, Field, Database, Insert Database, Get Data,
Select the relevant MS Access DB and then the Query, Insert All and check the
Insert Data as Field option, however, still I end up with a US date format.

Within the database itself the date shows as UK and the original table entry
is set to Date/Time, Short Date.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.