Frustrated

Default How to reference a repeated field entry in a previous record

I figured out an easy way to refer back to the previous record in a merge so
as not to enter the same information twice.

I set up a column in the spreadsheet next to the column holding the field I
wanted to reference. I then used the "EXACT" formula to compare the field
text in the record above with the one below to see if they were the same
(i.e. TRUE) or different (i.e. FALSE) I then copied the formula all the way
down the column.

Then I used the 'IF-Then-Else" field in my Word merge document: {IF
{Mergefield TFC} = "FALSE" "{Mergefield Country}" " "}.

Works like a charm!

Thankfully, I will not need to use a macro to go back and delete the
unwanted repeated text.