Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merge Database from Excel

I think that it would be better to put the details of the events and the
pricing into a Word template from which the users create the document that
they want to merge with the client data.

The template should be stored in a folder on your network and that folder
should be selected as the Work Group Templates Folder under
ToolsOptionsFile Locations in Word

That is probably quite satisfactory for 3 users. However, another method of
distributing the template is given in the article "Distributing macros to
other users" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...buteMacros.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Howard101" wrote in message

I currently have an excel spreadsheet that I use as a database for
clients and I use Word for Proposals, Invoices and the like via a mail
merge command that pulls in the relevant client line details into the
Word document.

I now require to put a section on the database spreadsheet which will
merge in all the pricing details of our various events. So when I need
to make changes it is updated only in one place and it affects
everyone's documents accessing the database on the network (Only 3
users). However, this would obviously need to be done with absolute
cell addressing (something like $A$1). How do I do this in a mail merge
type environment?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Howard

--