Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Using AutoCorrect to delete space after period

Clients!

Terry Farrell

"John Morris" wrote in message
I suggested Find and Replace. I suggested Find and Replace in a
macro. But the client said if it required any amount of additional
work, she wasn't interested.

Thanks everyone for your genuinely helpful suggestions, but it looks
like there is no solution for someone who is so abyssmally lazy.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:26:00 -0700, PA
wrote:

Try Fnd and Replace.

Find period space space
Replace period space

"John Morris" wrote:

Hello all,

I almost reflexively type two space characters after a period at the
end of a sentence because that's the way I was brought up. But a
local company wants all of its documents to have a single space after
a period.

I realize that the spacebar activates AutoCorrect, but does anyone
know a way to use AutoCorrect or some other feature to automatically
delete the second space in Word 2007 (besides a macro or a Find and
Replace)?

John